Epson P-7500 for DTF

Hello,

Does anyone know if the P7500 can be used for DTF. I guess the only question is if a RIP Software supports it because i dont think there could be any other obstacles besides that..or am i wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Bili

17 hours ago, bili98 said:

Hello,

Does anyone know if the P7500 can be used for DTF. I guess the only question is if a RIP Software supports it because i dont think there could be any other obstacles besides that..or am i wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Bili

There isn’t a rip for it yet, they also don’t have reliable chips for it yet depending on where you live. 

I am waiting on this one as well, it will print the same quality and speed as the dual head Mimaki, just $20,000 cheaper. 

Posted (edited)

Cadlink was working in a rip for it, but they said they will not be making new drivers now or in the near future as well. Seems silly when this model has true potential. 

the P6000’s have been working fantastic for nearly a year. I’d imagine these would do the same with twice the speed out of the box with their similar build. 

if Cadlink can utilize the extra channels, this machine could print 4X faster than the P6000, or twice as fast as the Mimaki 300. if they can run dual cmyk, and 4 white on it that is. 60 foot an hour roughly X 24” isn’t bad at all for about $5,000. 12 channels with 960 nozzles per channel, it could be a literal beast, one and done type of machine.  

if and when they do, I’ll buy one and cut my prices in half. $20 retail for a 23”x84” gang roll is pretty cheap, but would be $80-$160 an hour gross depending on how they set the rip up at that price. That price would also be hard to beat and the quality would be hard to compete with. I would replace all my units with one of these if and when it becomes available. 

Edited by johnson4

Thanks for the feedback. Im running a p6000 and am more than happy with it but if an upgrade makes sense i would love to try it since i can get my hands on a cheap used one. Ive just seen chips and resetters available online so it should be easy to get it working for dtf...and 12 channels would really be a gamechanger...i saw that sai flexi 22 is compatible with the 7500 but dont know anything about how flexi 22 work with dtf.

6 hours ago, bili98 said:

Thanks for the feedback. Im running a p6000 and am more than happy with it but if an upgrade makes sense i would love to try it since i can get my hands on a cheap used one. Ive just seen chips and resetters available online so it should be easy to get it working for dtf...and 12 channels would really be a gamechanger...i saw that sai flexi 22 is compatible with the 7500 but dont know anything about how flexi 22 work with dtf.

Yeah, it would be nice for sure. I contacted flexi and they do not support it. The 7500 does work with resetters, the Europe version. The US version doesn’t. I’m in the US so I’d have to import. 

I assume its the same we have with the p6000...im in europe and can use resetters without a problem but read that the us version shuts down after several resets. We will just have to wait and hope for dtf support i guess...

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, bili98 said:

I assume its the same we have with the p6000...im in europe and can use resetters without a problem but read that the us version shuts down after several resets. We will just have to wait and hope for dtf support i guess...

Then yeah you are good in that aspect. So all you are waiting for is a RIP to support it. The USA P6000's you had to swap the mainboard with another board from like EU or China in order for the resets to work. Same with the 7500. 

I reached out to everyone I could think of, the only one that was working on it was Cadlink, however they were pretty adamant on " not making new drivers" for the foreseeable future so if the one they are working on ever gets finished is up in the air.

Edited by johnson4

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, bili98 said:

Thanks for the update. I guess ill just have to wait and stick to my p6000 until good news arrive

It’s basically what I am doing too. I asked again and yesterday they said not yet. I asked over a month ago and they were working on it then. 

in the past they could get a driver out in a week or two, going on 7 weeks or so since I asked and they had already started, I’m just hoping they get them out before they discontinue the model. 

Edited by johnson4

Thanks again for ur help..u guess ill just take a shot and get the 7500 and get it flushed and ready for when the time comes a driver rolls out...the opportunity is too good not to take it.

Today i was told cadlink ia working on the driver but the p7500 uses "an HTM module that is difficult to bypass for dtf".

So i guess we will soon be able to try out ur p7500 speed predictions

On 5/20/2024 at 3:59 PM, bili98 said:

Today i was told cadlink ia working on the driver but the p7500 uses "an HTM module that is difficult to bypass for dtf".

So i guess we will soon be able to try out ur p7500 speed predictions

I was spot on with the P5000 and P6000, so hopefully I am close. It all really boils down to the pass speed and the driver creation if they can utilize dual CMYK on it.