DTF Ink and Supplies

Our DTF Superstore is launching today. With a wide range of Direct to Film products

* Same day shipping on supplies ordered by Noon
* We have a huge (over $100K) DTF inventory stocked in AZ
* Liters of Ink: CMYK $79 : White $99
* Film sheets as low as 40 cents a sheet
* Multiple sizes of Film Rolls

We've spent the last weeks bulking up our inventory so we can offer this faster shipping and better service.

1 hour ago, Pastor Joey said:

Awesome I am about to buy a printer for this today. I have 2 options for same price a stylus 9600 or a r 3000. Which would be better for this. Trying to be up and running within a week at so.. so printer today material by wed.

R3000 will have more information support.

9600 would be nice and wide

Andy, Maybe my questions are better in email format but I wanted to ask here anyway. I run a screen print/sublimation transfer business and have built my company over the last 2 years. I outsource the printing of all my screens (it’s seriously cheaper than me doing it myself) and print all of my subs. I want to have a leg up on my competitors and recently found out about DTF transfers. Ideally, I could see these as replacing my full color screens (which I pay $1.75 or less for but that means I get at least 100 of the print at a time and I have usually only sold about 30 prints of the 100 by the time I go to order them) and for sure these would allow me to offer custom “screens” with a much smaller minimum at not a high price point.

Here are my basic questions lol:

I can get the Epson P600 refurbished from Epson for $600. How much time and money would I need to invest in the printer conversion itself? I see you have the same printer already converted for $3k. Not to be rude, but what  would I be spending $2,400 on? I’m all about paying for efficiency and ease and anything that can save me a huge headache and peace of mind is worth me spending money on. I also am fairly good at computers and printer technology so I can follow directions on how to do something, but again I would rather pay the expert to do it for me at the right price.

The RIP software I’m sure comes with your printer. How much does that run me if I buy the printer direct from Epson? 

I really want to invest in my business and am considering getting a loan so I can get the equipment I need for DTF printing but I want to make sure that if I do that I am using that money the absolute best way possible. I have an MBA so figuring out the exact cost of things is one of my specialties (and something taking me a week to set up myself is a huge cost even if it’s not paid in cash to someone). I know I will have more questions and without a doubt will be at a minimum ordering supplies from you once I get my setup done. Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

First there's a difference in feel and capability with screen printing than DTF.  Both have a time and place. I think DTF can do a lot but it's not a 100% direct screen print replacement.

I haven't seen refurbished P600s in forever for that price. It's tough to find them for any reasonable price.  Used ones are going for $1700. We bought up a bunch earlier in the year when we knew they would run out. But I have to get a return on tying up that much cash.

Support is a huge time expense for us. When someone buys a printer from us I'm now "married" to them for the life of the product. It depends what you want to do. Many people buy a printer and figure it out on their own or with self research. Others want training and support as needed.

We do not include the RIP. AcroRIP, ek and Kothari are options.. All have been discussed on the forum.

johnson, I know I want to add something to my business to help with these requests for 5 custom full color screens (or even 1 custom). I have always heard mixed reviews on OKI machines and how they are expensive and break all the time abd the ink is expensive as well. I have 2 Epson sub printers so I like the idea of using another epson. I don’t really sell many finished shirts so I don’t want a DTG set up. I also personally hate HTV so I don’t want an HTV printer lol. Thanks for the advice.

Andy, this may be an ODD question, but is there a way I could pay you to print a few transfers for me and ship them so I can make sure I like the way they feel? I believe I have gotten a few DTF prints from a few vendors, but they are calling them by a different name and I want to make sure I know what I’m buying before I get the machine. If so just let me know how to proceed. Oh I also realized I misspoke earlier (dumb blonde moment) and Epson doesn’t have the printer available lol. Sorry about that! 

6 minutes ago, JJDFW Custom Designs said:

Andy, this may be an ODD question, but is there a way I could pay you to print a few transfers for me and ship them so I can make sure I like the way they feel? I believe I have gotten a few DTF prints from a few vendors, but they are calling them by a different name and I want to make sure I know what I’m buying before I get the machine. If so just let me know how to proceed. Oh I also realized I misspoke earlier (dumb blonde moment) and Epson doesn’t have the printer available lol. Sorry about that! 

The DTF transfers feel like a plastisol Transfer, at least to me.