What's the practical difference between hot peel and cold peel film?

1 hour ago, farmertin said:

I'm searching and can't turn anything up aside from it's faster to turn out jobs when you don't have to wait for them to cool. Does one last longer, feel better, look better, print easier, etc than the other?

I use hot peel, because I press, wait 3 seconds then quickly peel. I also use MATTE finish, I DO NOT like Glossy finish film, it makes it look like it was made with vinyl. 

Cold peel does leave a different finish, if you try to peel hot or even warm it's hard to tear away. Basically, Go with hot peel, since it can also be peeled cold. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnson4 said:

I use hot peel, because I press, wait 3 seconds then quickly peel. I also use MATTE finish, I DO NOT like Glossy finish film, it makes it look like it was made with vinyl. 

Cold peel does leave a different finish, if you try to peel hot or even warm it's hard to tear away. Basically, Go with hot peel, since it can also be peeled cold. 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, farmertin said:

I'm not noticing a lot of films saying if they're glossy or matte other than the back finish. Do you recommend any in particular?

You could always ask, it’s really a preference thing. Personally I don’t like glossy finishes on my products. The stuff I normally use is matte finish but it’s from China. 

i will say I’ve noticed the matte film, the powder tends to stick to it a bit more so it takes more “ smacking” to clear it, or even a machine. 

the glossy film the powder just falls off, a couple “ smacks” would be plenty, if even that is needed. 

• 2 months later...