White DTF Ink dropping out in the middle of a print

Hi, I'm new on this business and this is the closest post related to my issue I could find. I have a Epson L805 and did fine for some weeks. I did even let it off for a week, just kept the cap wet all the time  A head cleaning here and there and everything was fine until 5 days ago. I didn't print or do anything for 3 days and I had trouble to make the printer work again.

On my nuzzles check the white was always weak (some empty lines) while CMYK were all good. It felt that at evey test, checking and cleaning made it worse. The white would fade away until I could not see white anymore so I decided to clean the printer head, I took the printer head off and cleaned using cleaning solution. It worked again for a day and then the white ink started to fade away during printing again. I've changed both white dumpers and cleaned them using the push and pull method.

Should I replace the printer head or is there anything else to try before that (this is quite expensive for me in my country)?

Thank you!

15 hours ago, luiz92 said:

Hi, I'm new on this business and this is the closest post related to my issue I could find. I have a Epson L805 and did fine for some weeks. I did even let it off for a week, just kept the cap wet all the time  A head cleaning here and there and everything was fine until 5 days ago. I didn't print or do anything for 3 days and I had trouble to make the printer work again.

On my nuzzles check the white was always weak (some empty lines) while CMYK were all good. It felt that at evey test, checking and cleaning made it worse. The white would fade away until I could not see white anymore so I decided to clean the printer head, I took the printer head off and cleaned using cleaning solution. It worked again for a day and then the white ink started to fade away during printing again. I've changed both white dumpers and cleaned them using the push and pull method.

Should I replace the printer head or is there anything else to try before that (this is quite expensive for me in my country)?

Thank you!

i could honestly type for hours about the various causes and it probably not help you at all because it really does boil down to the fine details and variables. 

DTF is expensive to learn and we all make a ton a mistakes.

good luck! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SilverSwan said:

we are in the same boat but with daily use and keeping all tempretures/humidity perfect, the prints start great and then the white ink slowly starts to drop out

Yeah, I believe when this happened, we ended up replacing the head as we didn't really know what we were doing at the time. Now, looking back, we did try dampers first, but nothing seemed to work, so we threw a new head in and it ended up working for quite a while.

DTF is very VERY touchy and you need to be careful and make sure you are taking the preventive maintenance needed daily, to ensure that white ink doesn't settle. 

If it settles and clogs your printhead, you are in for a headache for sure.

40 minutes ago, ethanj098 said:

Yeah, I believe when this happened, we ended up replacing the head as we didn't really know what we were doing at the time. Now, looking back, we did try dampers first, but nothing seemed to work, so we threw a new head in and it ended up working for quite a while.

DTF is very VERY touchy and you need to be careful and make sure you are taking the preventive maintenance needed daily, to ensure that white ink doesn't settle. 

If it settles and clogs your printhead, you are in for a headache for sure.

Very very true, yet the most underestimated aspect.

On 8/25/2021 at 9:26 AM, ethanj098 said:

On our Printer program that came with the printer has a button that says "Load Ink" which pulls and replaces the ink in the lines.Capture.thumb.PNG.43e75a700329b5af87036d5807a561ca.PNG

On 8/25/2021 at 9:26 AM, ethanj098 said:

On our Printer program that came with the printer has a button that says "Load Ink" which pulls and replaces the ink in the lines.Capture.thumb.PNG.43e75a700329b5af87036d5807a561ca.PNG

hey there i got one of these last week in NZ from our supplier.......... when printing blues it has weird big faded lines though it, not your typical banding, i have found it had air in the lines especially the blue in the CMYK is the werse and also in the white lines..  would this be causing it? the seller is of no hope at all, they have sold it and feels as though they don't really care