Storing Printer for Long Term Storage

I've bought quite a few printers lately, XP-15000, P800 and a 3880. I'm only going to need one and have the others as backup. I find the XP-15000 to print really well and it's under warranty plus my extended warranty from Staples so I'll be using that.

For my other two printers what should I do for long term storage? What I plan on doing unless I get better suggestions is put in my cleaner carts, run from my 2manuals Epson Adjustment Program the Initial Ink Charge options and flush all the lines. Then do a nozzle check and if that's clear with no ink then I'm good to go. I won't do wet capping as technically if I did everything right I shouldn't need to. Plus the normal wet capping solution from here says not for long term use, just use daily if using the printer daily and to use normal cleaning solution for long term, like vacation. So cleaner for the wet cap.

So if that sounds good then do I need to keep the cleaner carts in? I only ask this as I have the P800 and 3880 which use the same refillable carts and I'd like to clean the other one, then there would be one printer without.

1 hour ago, cartierusm said:

I've bought quite a few printers lately, XP-15000, P800 and a 3880. I'm only going to need one and have the others as backup. I find the XP-15000 to print really well and it's under warranty plus my extended warranty from Staples so I'll be using that.

For my other two printers what should I do for long term storage? What I plan on doing unless I get better suggestions is put in my cleaner carts, run from my 2manuals Epson Adjustment Program the Initial Ink Charge options and flush all the lines. Then do a nozzle check and if that's clear with no ink then I'm good to go. I won't do wet capping as technically if I did everything right I shouldn't need to. Plus the normal wet capping solution from here says not for long term use, just use daily if using the printer daily and to use normal cleaning solution for long term, like vacation. So cleaner for the wet cap.

So if that sounds good then do I need to keep the cleaner carts in? I only ask this as I have the P800 and 3880 which use the same refillable carts and I'd like to clean the other one, then there would be one printer without.

I just flush everything really well and leave the cleaner carts in place. clean the wiper and cap really well. Wet cap and store. I’ve used machines that have sat idle over a year like this without any issues. Just make sure you use something with a wetting agent or something that won’t freeze or dry out. Specifically the p800’s were what I did this to the most. 

Edited by johnson4