Audley TY300 body assembly

Jenn

Came with extra bolts that don't get used. Probably for other model or whatever. But when assembling the legs there are a two different size lengths (same width/thread) that fit the threads. Now I'm sure that the long length ones are the main ones supposed to be used since there are so many and there wouldn't be enough short ones to use. The shorter length pack only has 9 bolts and the longer length has a lot. I'm waiting on help from my friends to lift the printer and set it on the legs but I just want to make sure I have them assembled properly first before I try. I'm attaching a photo to show what I'm asking. My question is for the very bottom piece (with the wheels) should I still be using the long bolts here too? Or do the short ones get used to attach the printer to the leg assembly? Or maybe the short ones don't get used at all? It's possible that there is no use for them since as I mentioned they did send me extra bolts that don't have any use for this particular printer.

IMG_20221012_130005.jpg

Thank you and I'm definitely looking at getting that shaker. I have a new problem now. I did something very stupid and did a factory reset because I wanted to start completely over with the alignment tests. Now it's printing backwards. Not mirrored but actually pulling the film into the printer towards the roll. And the head is also banging against the far side of the printer. I want to try to fix it but I don't want it to keep banging and damage something. Do Any suggestions?

On 10/12/2022 at 4:00 PM, johnson4 said:

Glad you got it together. 

I will say the matching shaker for this printer is very well built and one of the best one's I have seen/used under 24". 

Good luck!

Thank you and I'm definitely looking at getting that shaker. I have a new problem now. I did something very stupid and did a factory reset because I wanted to start completely over with the alignment tests. Now it's printing backwards. Not mirrored but actually pulling the film into the printer towards the roll. And the head is also banging against the far side of the printer. I want to try to fix it but I don't want it to keep banging and damage something. Do Any suggestions?

15 minutes ago, Jenn said:

All I could say is to reach out to who you purchased it from. I have never experienced that so I have no idea. 

Edited by johnson4

4 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

All I could say is to reach out to who you purchased it from. I have never experienced that so I have no idea. 

I did and I'm waiting to hear back from them. Thanks anyway tho I appreciate the reply. I'll get it figured out eventually.

9 hours ago, Jenn said:

I did and I'm waiting to hear back from them. Thanks anyway tho I appreciate the reply. I'll get it figured out eventually.

No problem. As for the alignments and Cadlink, I just printed an image with thin lines from Cadlink and adjusted the program. 

when I made a perfect alignment straight from the printer then sent prints from Cadlink it would be off.  Aligning it from Cadlink took a little longer and some effort but I didn’t have an issue after that. 

I used maintop like once, so I’d your using that I don’t know, probably the same steps. 

Edited by johnson4

36 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

No problem. As for the alignments and Cadlink, I just printed an image with thin lines from Cadlink and adjusted the program. 

when I made a perfect alignment straight from the printer then sent prints from Cadlink it would be off.  Aligning it from Cadlink took a little longer and some effort but I didn’t have an issue after that. 

I used maintop like once, so I’d your using that I don’t know, probably the same steps. 

I'm just wondering if there's anything in the adjustment software to get the feed going back in the right direction. The printer is doing what it's supposed to  other than it's just feeding/stepping in the wrong direction.

6 hours ago, Jenn said:

I'm just wondering if there's anything in the adjustment software to get the feed going back in the right direction. The printer is doing what it's supposed to  other than it's just feeding/stepping in the wrong direction.

Have you looked in the menu the requires a password? 

1 hour ago, johnson4 said:

Have you looked in the menu the requires a password? 

I can't find that menu. I seem to have a different program than the one shown in the manual. It's mostly the same but it's missing a few things. Like the two head alignment option is also missing. I went through the entire program and can't find that. Do you use the Atools for xp600 pro program?

4 hours ago, Jenn said:

I can't find that menu. I seem to have a different program than the one shown in the manual. It's mostly the same but it's missing a few things. Like the two head alignment option is also missing. I went through the entire program and can't find that. Do you use the Atools for xp600 pro program?

I use Atools. I’m not sure what you mean when you say pro program, the one mine came with just says Atools. There is a password protected area with adjustments. It’s been awhile since I’ve used it so I don’t remember what’s in there. 

10 hours ago, johnson4 said:

I use Atools. I’m not sure what you mean when you say pro program, the one mine came with just says Atools. There is a password protected area with adjustments. It’s been awhile since I’ve used it so I don’t remember what’s in there. 

I just typed out the whole title that's on my desktop window. But it is Atools. And there isn't a password protected area. There's supposed to be one tho because I see it in my manual. Idk why it's not showing up in mine. Is there any way you can send me a copy of yours?

12 hours ago, johnson4 said:

I have a question for you about the x axis setting (in A tools print setup). My printer is printing to the far right side. What do you have yours set at? I can trial and error it but if I had a number to start at that would help. Also, I don't know how I feel about maintop it seems like a lot of work for every single print. 

10 hours ago, Jenn said:

I have a question for you about the x axis setting (in A tools print setup). My printer is printing to the far right side. What do you have yours set at? I can trial and error it but if I had a number to start at that would help. Also, I don't know how I feel about maintop it seems like a lot of work for every single print. 

Maintop is honestly a waste of time in my opinion and experience. I don’t believe it was ever intended for this type of use. 

Cadlink is the way to go. They’ll make you buy the $895 version though since it’s a Chinese printer if you go that route. You can print directly from Cadlink to the printer with atools, or by simply saving and opening the file in atools. The best thing about Cadlink is repeatability. 

As for the settings I’ll have to look. I have 4 machines running with Dedicated pc’s. One of them was used with the audley before I discontinued its use and it still has the settings I used. I’d have to find which one and see what it says. I don’t remember if it will let me without the printer connected. 

it’s pretty busy in the shop so I can’t promise when I can, or if you’ll find the answer elsewhere before I get to it. I don’t like messing with a unit while it’s in operation so I’d have to do it in my free time, which I haven’t had in ages haha. 

Edited by johnson4

On 10/17/2022 at 10:07 PM, johnson4 said:

Maintop is honestly a waste of time in my opinion and experience. I don’t believe it was ever intended for this type of use. 

Cadlink is the way to go. They’ll make you buy the $895 version though since it’s a Chinese printer if you go that route. You can print directly from Cadlink to the printer with atools, or by simply saving and opening the file in atools. The best thing about Cadlink is repeatability. 

As for the settings I’ll have to look. I have 4 machines running with Dedicated pc’s. One of them was used with the audley before I discontinued its use and it still has the settings I used. I’d have to find which one and see what it says. I don’t remember if it will let me without the printer connected. 

it’s pretty busy in the shop so I can’t promise when I can, or if you’ll find the answer elsewhere before I get to it. I don’t like messing with a unit while it’s in operation so I’d have to do it in my free time, which I haven’t had in ages haha. 

Thanks for everything. I have a question about Cadlink. Does it have a content-based option like EK print? Where it lays less white ink over the darker areas. I'm also looking at PhotoPrint. But I'm going to do my homework on it first. I was also wondering about the speed of Cadlink. 

10 hours ago, Jenn said:

Thanks for everything. I have a question about Cadlink. Does it have a content-based option like EK print? Where it lays less white ink over the darker areas. I'm also looking at PhotoPrint. But I'm going to do my homework on it first. I was also wondering about the speed of Cadlink. 

Cadlink has progressed, but still lacks in that area. It’s more “Advanced” making small things like simply selecting content based into a long chore on a per image basis. It’s kind of silly, Cadlink handles transparency rather poorly and picks up literally everything. 

In my opinion EKprint prints more solid colors and handles the underbase better than any RIP I’ve used. I LOVE EKprint. Unfortunately, EKprint is dated and they refuse to do anything about it. Cadlink added a printer I asked about within a few days. Ekprint, been going on 4 months now with it practically given up. The emails now are just “ I’m not ignoring you”. 

when it comes to color accuracy I have found ways around it with EK, but it’s still not perfect even running a profile. Ek has a built in “dated” color conversion profile table and really sucks at things like green and purple. 

if they updated the color system to allow users to alter it and find ways to support larger/Chinese printers then I believe they would be golden. I have personally offered them thousands to add support for one machine model, plus a promise of 4 licenses. I also said name your price for software/support that isn’t sold to others if that wasn’t enticing enough. Basically a custom built software for me in house only.  On their website they claim they will make custom software for your needs. I found this not to be the case. 

you don’t really have much option with that machine. Cadlink is the easiest,  quickest, most supported program. I don’t know about photo print, I know I reached out to everyone with a RIP I could get ahold of and never got a response or got a no. 

I don’t remember right off hand ( my memory is absolutely terrible- astonishing actually) but it was doing 16-21 12”x12” prints an hour depending on how you printed with it in Cadlink. 

overall I like supporting EKprint and dislike cadlinks business model and recent sell outs. But at the end of the day all I can run is Cadlink and deal with it or my production will suffer drastically from the use of anything else. 

It’s one of those 50/50 situations that if you blended the softwares, it would be perfect. 

it literally makes me want to drive out to California and dish it out face to face to see what is needed to get results from EKprint. It’s just a small business vs large business and available resources type of thing. I dislike and always will dislike large businesses like cadlinks parent company. For EKprint I’d imagine selling the same software for 17 years it’s time for an update, or to shut the doors and let it be what it is. I hope it’s not the latter. 

sorry, this topic is like an open wound to me. 

Edited by johnson4