DIY UV printer problem on print (1430 and 1400)

sem30

I have only one strip, maybe same as what you have. Mine emits a very strong light.

Actually I jumped into conclusion if the light is really causing the stripes when I tested printing with lights off and lights on and the result is the same as yours.

I couldn't blame the ink right now because I have tested 3 different brand of UV inks and stripes are still there.

But, I cannot give up on this one, I know there's something I am missing and finding it is my focus right now.

I will update this thread once I have the breakthrough what is causing it.

7 hours ago, sem30 said:

I have only one strip, maybe same as what you have. Mine emits a very strong light.

Actually I jumped into conclusion if the light is really causing the stripes when I tested printing with lights off and lights on and the result is the same as yours.

I couldn't blame the ink right now because I have tested 3 different brand of UV inks and stripes are still there.

But, I cannot give up on this one, I know there's something I am missing and finding it is my focus right now.

I will update this thread once I have the breakthrough what is causing it.

I am using the Dual UV light version. It’s two strips, I think 12 led in total. 

this is my very first UV anything, so I relied on the supplier to give good advice( which I rarely do for obvious reasons). I barely found any information about any UV conversions. 

I was told one strip is for small format, like 8.5” printers. Two strip for up to 17” printers. 

I think light is too strong. I think it cures too fast, like as fast as it jets out of the printhead. This I think creates the lines.

Normally it prints in lines like this, but with a few milliseconds slower cure time it will allow “rows” to overlap. Typically it’s wet on wet printing, the ink is wet right as it comes out so it can “blend”. If you look VERY close you can see the dots that make up the image. 

with it instantly curing the moment it jets the ink, you get these “ ridges” kind of like a 3D printer. My images print perfect, no missing ink, no odd colors. It you look at it sideways it looks perfect. If you look above or use fingernail to scratch print, you can feel it. 

1 minute ago, johnson4 said:

This photo for example, quality looks great. Sure underbase could be better but all that stuff is after I get a good print. I scratch this print to test durability. 

0A128BBA-246B-48B8-8DE5-25DA5EF90EEF.jpeg

Same photo, just at an angle to show ridges. 

36B9436E-D919-4A02-A773-58B4E28C8A0F.jpeg

Edited by johnson4

3 hours ago, Heaven867693 said:

I think maybe it's the ink.  because when i use ink bought in my country i never had that error,icc profile only decide part,because in same print,when i change icc profile picture quality will be different

The ICC profile should only be changing how the printer prints colors and density. I have tried it on my side and it didn't change anything with the lines for me. 

I used ink from china. 

Edited by johnson4

On 02/03/2023 at 15:37, johnson4 said:

Eu tenho exatamente o mesmo problema em uma unidade P600/P800. Ainda não descobri o porquê. Verificações perfeitas dos bicos. Costumo chamá-los de "cordilheiras" porque são como saliências elevadas em vez de linhas ausentes, mas é a mesma coisa. Eu tenho uma lâmpada de cura muito semelhante, se não a mesma. Acho que a lâmpada pode ser muito potente, mas também coloquei a lâmpada o mais baixo possível sem desligar totalmente e faz o mesmo. Imprima sem a lâmpada - imprime bem. 

Hello, friend, good morning. I have 12 years experience in uv printers. and I know well what causes these lines in the print. this is due to white ink. she has the biggest coat of paint. try changing the print point size. in l1800 and l800 i use medium wide and it looks very good.

Hello, friend, good morning. I have 12 years experience in uv printers. and I know well what causes these lines in the print. this is due to white ink. she has the biggest coat of paint. try changing the print point size. in l1800 and l800 i use medium wide and it looks very good.

On 25/03/2023 at 12:55, Heaven867693 said:

Acho que talvez seja a tinta. porque quando eu uso tinta comprada no meu país nunca tive esse erro, o perfil icc só decide parte, porque na mesma impressão, quando eu mudo a qualidade da foto do perfil icc será diferente

what printer are you using and what settings in the rip?

1 hour ago, printerjet said:

I will give that a try, Thank you. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heaven867693 said:

Você deve escolher uma cor icc que corresponda ao tamanho das partículas de tinta grandes e médias. esta é a impressão que fiz com a máquina uv l1800 em plástico transparente

80C675C8-4663-499D-824B-A59713E50CA5.jpeg

IMG_2861.MOV

send a video of your rip' configuration please. more in this case you printed mirrored. don't see the lines. have to print on the front of the material.