epson 3800

Hi all, i have an epson 3800, recently converted , 1 of my white and black nozzles are poor, i know its not clogged because when i pull with syringe from damper everything come back, but after few prints the problem comes back, i changed already the capping station and dampers, but same, what can i do to solve this issue?

2 hours ago, laci said:

Hi all, i have an epson 3800, recently converted , 1 of my white and black nozzles are poor, i know its not clogged because when i pull with syringe from damper everything come back, but after few prints the problem comes back, i changed already the capping station and dampers, but same, what can i do to solve this issue?

That doesn't mean the nozzles are not clogged, it also doesn't mean that you don't have weak nozzles. Doing a nozzle check before and after printing a solid block of color would help see what the issue is. 

A printhead with weak nozzles that has been running thick ink or struggling with ink flow for awhile will slowly weaken the nozzles in the printhead until it can no longer create the suction needed as the piezo crystals weaken. Eventually they will not be able to overcome the suction required to open the damper. This is why it works after a head clean until that initial pre-load of ink is dispensed and it starts struggling again. 

It's either a weak printhead, bad quality ink, poor quality aftermarket dampers, or something to do with your ink system. Could be poor sealing at the damper port and a busted printhead seal from improperly flushing the head. Hard to tell which without seriously digging into it. 

I learned long ago with Epson's it's best to stick to OEM dampers. Use a high quality ink, and make sure you clean any cartridge ports often, replacing them as needed if they have screens in them for the cartridges. 

That is an old printer, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just tired, especially if you have used it for any amount of time with the thicker aftermarket inks. 

Edited by johnson4

ola amigo como vai?   isso acontece quando a cabeça e velha. ou a tinta e ruim. recentemente tive problema com uma tinta dtf.   de um dia para o outro entupia.    ja aconteceu de entupir no mesmo instante da impressão. geralmente e tinta ruim.   faça um teste.   coloque no lugar do preto e do branco uma cor que nao esta dando problemas no bico. se rodar  corretamente. nao e a cabeça. e a tinta.   se continuar. ai e problema no cabeçote.

i bought the printer second hand, with around 500 prints ( when i bought it was the capping station faulty , not sucked the ink properly so i changed it , when i bought it i run 2 nozzle check all nozzles was perfect.. and when i suck ink with syringe to damper and i do a nozzle check everything is perfect. so thats why i say my nozzles are not clogged

3 hours ago, laci said:

i bought the printer second hand, with around 500 prints ( when i bought it was the capping station faulty , not sucked the ink properly so i changed it , when i bought it i run 2 nozzle check all nozzles was perfect.. and when i suck ink with syringe to damper and i do a nozzle check everything is perfect. so thats why i say my nozzles are not clogged

I am glad you know it's not the printhead, Now the deducing to solve the problem begins. I wish you luck, It's a fun road for sure.