Curing dtf prints

I have a Riley Hopkins conveyer drier that I have been using to cure prints. The transfers reach around 340° for 45 seconds. They are dry and I get the orange peel effect, but everywhere online says I should be curing for several minutes. Obviously the thing to do is cure for longer and see if it affects the print any, but I was looking to see if anyone else has experienced such low cure times?  

Just now, calebsmith2032 said:

I have a Riley Hopkins conveyer drier that I have been using to cure prints. The transfers reach around 340° for 45 seconds. They are dry and I get the orange peel effect, but everywhere online says I should be curing for several minutes. Obviously the thing to do is cure for longer and see if it affects the print any, but I was looking to see if anyone else has experienced such low cure times?  

image.jpg

10 hours ago, calebsmith2032 said:

image.jpg

If it isn't causing any issues, I don't see a problem with it. It's the same concept just backwards. Some of us with under-sized shakers have to run the dryer hot at faster speeds to achieve a proper cure as well. 

Generally you want a 2-3 minute dwell, but if you are able to cure without pinholes, residue, or any other issue then it's fine. The main issue is overheating, if your unit isn't doing that and it comes out perfect, who cares right?