epson 4900 ink eject

Hi anybody can help me, i bought an 4900 and before i put dtf ink in printer i want to flush out the old ink from lines dampers and head, i bought the service program but doesn t work, i asked from support what cause the error , and he also doesn't know , anybody have any idea how can i flush out the old inks?

1 hour ago, laci said:

Hi anybody can help me, i bought an 4900 and before i put dtf ink in printer i want to flush out the old ink from lines dampers and head, i bought the service program but doesn t work, i asked from support what cause the error , and he also doesn't know , anybody have any idea how can i flush out the old inks?

You can manually flush out the old inks if you want. 

Put in cartridges with cleaner and hook hoses to the "air intake" port on the cartridges. You can do a few at a time or all. 

I do it with the printer off and unplugged in-case of spill. You remove the damper ASSY and disconnect hose before going into the dampers( will spill ink everywhere). 

Now, just have pump push air into the cartridges, or liquid, and it will come out of the hoses until clean. Once done, replace all dampers. Now you have full cleaned out system. 

You can also just run the Admin clean/flush on the main menu of the printer. 

On 9/1/2023 at 5:49 PM, johnson4 said:

You can manually flush out the old inks if you want. 

Put in cartridges with cleaner and hook hoses to the "air intake" port on the cartridges. You can do a few at a time or all. 

I do it with the printer off and unplugged in-case of spill. You remove the damper ASSY and disconnect hose before going into the dampers( will spill ink everywhere). 

Now, just have pump push air into the cartridges, or liquid, and it will come out of the hoses until clean. Once done, replace all dampers. Now you have full cleaned out system. 

You can also just run the Admin clean/flush on the main menu of the printer. 

Sorry its again i disturb you , i cleaned the lines how you say now how can i fill up with ink 😂 i do like 2 power cleans but i cant see any ink in lines , thank you