HELP!!

Crystal

So i bought an already converted epson xp-15000 from someone. when I received it it was a hot mess! lets just say the ink was everywhere and the cartridges were broken. anyway he told me that it had the chipless firmware on it and when i do a test print the word firmware is on there. ok I have no idea about computers or printers so I am sorry. 

I am trying to get my now converted printer to print but I am running into so many issues. one issue do I have to buy a firmware or software to download onto my computer to work this printer? i did buy new cartridges that were chipless like he said to do. but idk what to do next I am stuck! also there is a black hose sticking out from the back of my printer that keeos leaking black ink everywhere. what is this for and should I remove it? i need so much help to et this going but I cant find anything onlone not even youtube. 

if someone coud help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Hello Crystal,

first off please excuse my grammar I’m typing on my phone and it’s a lot of information… second let’s not fully freak out from your post it sounds like your freaking i will help you out as much as I can and we can get you up and running, first don’t remove that hose sounds like that’s ur external wast tank hose when ur printer is printing or you do a ink cart change the extra ink gets sucked out and pushed out the hose just put a hole in a 20 oz bottle and stick the tube in it. Second if he told you the printer had the chipless firmware on it already you should need to install anything on your computer to make the chipless firmware work. I know when ppl buy from my store online I give them the option for either chipless firmware or auto reset chips on the ink carts. Most people choose the chipless firmware. What ever you don’t update your printers firmware you will get notices saying an updated firmware is available just ignore it and keep on working. 

On 10/14/2023 at 8:41 PM, Crystal said:

So i bought an already converted epson xp-15000 from someone. when I received it it was a hot mess! lets just say the ink was everywhere and the cartridges were broken. anyway he told me that it had the chipless firmware on it and when i do a test print the word firmware is on there. ok I have no idea about computers or printers so I am sorry. 

I am trying to get my now converted printer to print but I am running into so many issues. one issue do I have to buy a firmware or software to download onto my computer to work this printer? i did buy new cartridges that were chipless like he said to do. but idk what to do next I am stuck! also there is a black hose sticking out from the back of my printer that keeos leaking black ink everywhere. what is this for and should I remove it? i need so much help to et this going but I cant find anything onlone not even youtube. 

if someone coud help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Given your explanation and your apparent skill level, it sounds like you need a supplier to walk you through all of it. Based on your explanation I would say you have a good 3 month learning curve ahead of you before you can really hit the golden spot. We all start somewhere, but you really need someone who can really explain things and help you through every step. In my journey, where you are, it took me about 6 months to a year before I was well versed in what I was doing, which will ultimately be 2-3 machines down the drain as well due to damage and user error. 

It's not really about common sense or basic skills, rather having an understanding of the general process internally and externally so you can later have the skills to problem solve yourself. These are not like any other breed of printers out there, though they do look the same at times. at the very least a basic knowledge on how the printer works and the software are a must. After that, the more you know the better off you will be. 

The Xp-15000 isn't the easiest to use either, especially if it were pre-converted and used. 

You need a RIP program to operate the printer and you need to understand the RIP software you use, most require you to set ink limits and all kinds of things manually. The black tube is likely your waste tank hose, which should have a bottle ( not a sealed bottle, it needs a vent hole in the lid at least) to catch the waste ink. It's something that was modified or added, this machine typically has a waste box inside you empty so that would be on the person who converted it. 

I wish you luck!

Edited by johnson4