Epson 4900

Szilard

We bought 3 months ago this printer everything went fine untill now , recently we changed the ink pump assy ( the whole capping station ) after that everything went fine again until i changed the dampers , my white wont want to print , the head is 100% not blocked because after ink charges the whites come back but after a half a3 sheet the white will be dosappear again , we changed back the old dampers but still same issue , the colors on nozzle check is 100% so i dont think its a capping station problem , but i dont know what can be the problem any ideas ?

On 11/10/2023 at 6:09 PM, Szilard said:

We bought 3 months ago this printer everything went fine untill now , recently we changed the ink pump assy ( the whole capping station ) after that everything went fine again until i changed the dampers , my white wont want to print , the head is 100% not blocked because after ink charges the whites come back but after a half a3 sheet the white will be dosappear again , we changed back the old dampers but still same issue , the colors on nozzle check is 100% so i dont think its a capping station problem , but i dont know what can be the problem any ideas ?

Sounds like you changed the dampers too late and sucked white ink sludge into the printhead. It’s not easy to fully remove. It causes the exact issues you describe. 

Edited by johnson4

1 hour ago, johnson4 said:

Sounds like you changed the dampers too late and sucked white ink sludge into the printhead. It’s not easy to fully remove. It causes the exact issues you describe. 

Hi, i thinking about it, but when i do cleaning not the same lines show on nozzle check.. and now the cyan doing the same thing like the white.

1 hour ago, johnson4 said:

i ordered the dampers from digiprint ( dx6 dampers ) maybe its not OEM epson, now i try to find somewhere the whole damper assembly unit to check maybe i will have luck

23 hours ago, Szilard said:

i ordered the dampers from digiprint ( dx6 dampers ) maybe its not OEM epson, now i try to find somewhere the whole damper assembly unit to check maybe i will have luck

My machines only work with OEM dampers, anything else you can't get a good nozzle check.