P600 DTF Printer

1 hour ago, skwakk said:

looks good!  did you have to modify and remove anything inside the p600 like the rollers in that L1800 dtf video?

also for the transfers, do you think  you can store and use them for a later time?

Yes just like the L1800 video from Hobby Print plus I added our DTG cover with the cut outs.

I haven't tested storing for later. I'm sure there is a shelf life just like screen print transfers get old after a while

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glopear said:

Are you using Kothari in this video. I'm having a lot of trouble getting the settings right, could you share your ink settings, resolution etc. 

It was recommended to me to start off with your standard DTG settings, If you have those then tweak from that point.

55 minutes ago, Glopear said:

OK, I did that originally 1440 white and colour and just got a big pool of wet ink all mixing together.

Yea, thats what I thought would happen too. 

I'm assuming your using DTF inks, The DTG inks won't work, for sure. Just bring it down, Or start lower and work your way up. Each printer ends up being a bit different anyway.

Edited by johnson4

6 hours ago, Glopear said:

Are you using Kothari in this video. I'm having a lot of trouble getting the settings right, could you share your ink settings, resolution etc. 

Yes Kothari, You may have to switch to 2 pass or 1 pass depending what you're doing.

Just in case... make sure to print on the rough side of the film

andy-black-DTF.env

Cheers for the environment will give it a go tomorrow. I was trying to use 1 pass, wet on wet that's what you got going in the video right? 2 pass is not possible on a regular p600 without a DTG conversion, or am I missing something?

Edited by Glopear

2 minutes ago, Glopear said:

Cheers for the environment will give it a go tomorrow. I was trying to use 1 pass, wet on wet that's what you got going in the video right? 2 pass is not possible on a regular p600 without a DTG conversion, or am I missing something?

Yes 1 pass on the video when using a regular P600.

I used 2 pass on my DTG.

I’ve printed two and they look good. I actually like the hand feel, very soft. 

Andy, what time/temperature/pressure did you use on the heat press, and did you hot peel or cold peel? 

On a side note, be careful when opening the powder. The zip lock bag was taped folded over, when you pull that tape off so you can open it, it definitely rips a hole in the bag, that was fun :) 

1 hour ago, Andy - Admin said:

I was doing 15 seconds at the 355 I use for DTG. I've seen some people say they use 250. 

It's a cold peel.

Good to know. Sorry about that, do you need some replacement powder?

Thanks, It's fine I still have quite a bit left. Plus the other stuff I have is working the exact same way so no worries.