P600 DTF Printer

2 hours ago, JaRugz said:

Do I have to remove the ink system to get to the rollers on the Epson 3800?

On the p800 I worked with they just clip on. I didn't even take mine apart I just popped them off. From what I read the 3880 is the old version of the P800, so if it's anything like the p800 it should only take a few minutes to pop them off without any type of disassembly needed. 

Edited by johnson4

7 hours ago, johnson4 said:

On the p800 I worked with they just clip on. I didn't even take mine apart I just popped them off. From what I read the 3880 is the old version of the P800, so if it's anything like the p800 it should only take a few minutes to pop them off without any type of disassembly needed. 

Same with the p400... just reach in and pop them out. 

On 10/20/2020 at 2:40 PM, ddelgrande said:

So if I was to use my DIY DTG P600 would I only have to change the inks to print DTG?

The reason I ask is I'm interesting in printing white and wonder if DTF is less harsh on the printhead. 

On 10/20/2020 at 3:19 PM, johnson4 said:

Swapping the inks and making your printhead really close to the transfer paper should do the trick. I haven't any experience with how well the white works in terms of longtivity and maintenance compared to DTG ink. I'd assume it would take less maintenance and be more forgiving given DTF printers don't allow access to the bottom of the printhead. But I really don't know.  

Just curious if anyone has tried printing on the film using the DTF inks with their DTG P600? By reading through this topic it looks like it should work. Just wanted to know if anyone had any luck? 

5 hours ago, CreativeAnchor said:

Just curious if anyone has tried printing on the film using the DTF inks with their DTG P600? By reading through this topic it looks like it should work. Just wanted to know if anyone had any luck? 

There are several examples on other model dtg printers out there in YouTube. So it works.

11 hours ago, CreativeAnchor said:

Yes we did our initial ink and film testing on a DTG.

1 minute ago, Glopear said:

I'm trying to get these wheels out of the p600 without taking it apart, is this possible because they are definitely not just popping out. They are somehow connected at the back, were you can't really see.

Any videos or more detailed info on thiis?

I pushed the front Manuel feed tray so it would pop out easier. Then you pop rollers off on one side, let the front tray open(lift) and it falls out. I used a flathead screwdriver on one, and my hands on the others. You just need to slip the black bracket off the metal bracket on the side facing the back of the printer. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

I pushed the front Manuel feed tray so it would pop out easier. Then you pop rollers off on one side, let the front tray open(lift) and it falls out. I used a flathead screwdriver on one, and my hands on the others. You just need to slip the black bracket off the metal bracket on the side facing the back of the printer. 

Thx, managed to do it with your advice. I was actually trying to remove the whole metal thing which holds the wheels. Didn't realise they just pop out.

11 minutes ago, CaptJager said:

OPENDTG Cartridges are numbered CMYKWWWW but in Acro Rip there is no choice for this? Do I change the Cartridges to YMCKWWWW to match Acro Rip choice?

Capture.PNG

IF I remember right, back in the day when I first set-up, I had to change the cartridge order in my printer. I think that is why my printer is still currently set-up as YMCK+WWWW. I could be wrong, I honestly don't really remember. I do know that I had to change my carts around for Acro.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, johnson4 said:

How close did you need it to the head?

I guess the best way to find out would be an trial and error approach by putting some sheets of plain paper, (about the thicknes of a t-shirt fabric) under the PET-film and give it a try.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi how did you switch off the paper sensor so that it works with transparency film the epson p8oo lets you switch it off in the administrator menue otherwise I have to use a peice of white paper attached to the film.

Kindest regards clive.