polyprint texjet epson 4880 dtg for dtf

Darren

On 12/10/2020 at 3:08 PM, Darren said:

Thanks Andy , are these running a dx5 printhead ? Any pointers on where to look for uk supply on the parts 

Whatever it’s running, be sure you get the appropriate version. Like 2nd lock, 3rd lock etc. even identical looking parts aren’t necessarily swappable. Like I can use the p600/p800 heads as interchangeable. But some older p600’s printheads won’t work in the newer p600s. Etc. 

On 12/10/2020 at 2:18 PM, Andy - Admin said:

Yes just make sure you can find the printhead and it will most likely need all new parts for anything that has ink in them.

I have the Texjet DTG printer. If I use it for DTF only then will the ink still clog easily and is the maintenance daily still?

8 hours ago, Jillian said:

I have the Texjet DTG printer. If I use it for DTF only then will the ink still clog easily and is the maintenance daily still?

Need to get the platen pretty close, should work. 

DTF inks still separate, need shaken. Printer still needs cleaned, DTF doesn’t clog as often as DTG. When it does, it’s usually easy to fix, unlike  DTG at times.  

a cheap 6-8 color printer though would be ideal though, like a p400/p600 etc. 

Edited by johnson4

48 minutes ago, Darren said:

Hi guys , thanks for the advise. Can anyone tell me if this printer is gonna be worth the £1000 asking price ? And also what heads , how much, it’s not been used for over 2 years has done very little work . Thanks in advance 

DCF484E0-274A-47B9-807F-07F7B90235AE.png

For DTF? I mean it would be easier to use a normal printer. For DTG, sure. Printheads for it are around $800-$1400 plus Ink system, dampers, etc. it’ll need refurbished. 

nobody can tell you, especially a stranger on the internet what you should do. Would it work? Yes. Is it worth it? That’s up to you. 

it needs refurbished, do you know how to do that, and know what that will cost? Are the parts available? 

good luck, but it’s entirely up to you what you do. 

Edited by johnson4