EKPrint Studio (EPSON 1500) Settings ????

8 minutes ago, dropship88 said:

It may differ depending on the ink brand, but for general DTF
How to optimally set up "EK Print Studio" with xp15000 printer?
Too much test paper is already consumed. Please help~

Image reference --->>>

EK 2021.png

I did white drop medium

level 1

50 density

1440x1440 resolution

i do mixed, because I don’t want a solid white layer. 

underbase choke varies by design, I do between 2-10. 

one pass enables both layers to print, enhanced is bi-directional and should be checked, it prints twice as fast. 

Edited by johnson4
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

I did white drop medium

level 1

50 density

1440x1440 resolution

one pass enables both layers to print, enhanced is bi-directional and should be checked, it prints twice as fast. 

It is being set for a black t-shirt.
I tested it up to 150% density (B)
I worry because there is no satisfactory result.

Which of B (density) and C (Opacity Contrast) will be prioritized over white ink density

I tested it
  Density 125 Opacity Contrast -15 VS density 150 Opacity Contrast 0 is related and there seems to be little difference. (I personally judge that there is no comparative difference)

Complaints ><><><>Is the weather influence??
White cartridges Partially start curing of the print head after a day or so.....

-.-  -.-

The (probably) biggest downside of EK is...
Too little information on skills and usage...
YouTube and postings, etc.

5 hours ago, dropship88 said:

It is being set for a black t-shirt.
I tested it up to 150% density (B)
I worry because there is no satisfactory result.

Which of B (density) and C (Opacity Contrast) will be prioritized over white ink density

I tested it
  Density 125 Opacity Contrast -15 VS density 150 Opacity Contrast 0 is related and there seems to be little difference. (I personally judge that there is no comparative difference)

Complaints ><><><>Is the weather influence??
White cartridges Partially start curing of the print head after a day or so.....

-.-  -.-

The (probably) biggest downside of EK is...
Too little information on skills and usage...
YouTube and postings, etc.

The manual for EKprint explains 90 percent of what you need to know. It’s with the download they send you. The program itself has been out for over 10 years and has shipped with several OEM products, like anajet for example. Videos do exist, just not many that tell you what to you instead of teaching you what to do, especially for DTF. However, learning to fine tune your ink settings takes a little time eaither way and is setup specific.

I’ve  used this printer and it works fine, after 4-5 days sitting in my floor I had to do 2-3 head cleans to get it going, that’s without its case.  Absolutely temperature, humidity, quality of maintenance, all have a huge influence on your outcome. I see people struggling with proper usage of the cartridges the most, and maintenance. The 15000 needs cleaned often, especially the wiper blade. 

the setup works, you just have to figure it all out as a whole, which sometimes you want to pull your hair out. But, it does work. Your learning an invaluable process and how to use a tool that will take time, it’s going to happen with any printer. I’m an experienced user with over 5 years with this type of process, and it took me a couple weeks to really wrap my head around everything and experience the issues I was going to experience, in which I learned from. 

Most importantly, if you have clogging/streaking/banding, correct that first until you have a perfect nozzle check. 

the settings I sent above should work just fine to give you a decent print, fine tune around it until it fits your setup. If it doesn’t work at all, then something is physically wrong and needs corrected. Be sure you are printing in 1440x1440 resolution, with a medium ink drop size. 

with DTF, literally, everything is a variable.

Edited by johnson4

EKprint Manual talks about being able to setup custom Table sizes by configuring the  custsize.ini file in installation, however i am not able to locate that file at all on the whole OS... 

any pointers? (I have spent hours googling to no avail...)

thank you very much!

12 minutes ago, Cryptos said:

EKprint Manual talks about being able to setup custom Table sizes by configuring the  custsize.ini file in installation, however i am not able to locate that file at all on the whole OS... 

any pointers? (I have spent hours googling to no avail...)

thank you very much!

Hi, You just email them and ask them for it, I'll also attach it. This will be put into the main installation folder of EKprint under your x86 programs in the EKprint folder.

For me, that is: windows (C:) program files ( x86) eukon digital, and then open the next folder with the version you have and paste it in there. if after you pasted it you find you cannot modify it, you need to change the permissions for the folder ( windows 10 problem, not ekprint problem). 

X and Y are for the gap from the start of the print, and the gap from the printhead side. 

for the table size, width and height is made up of " pixels". so every 720= 1 inch of space. Personally I have found to add around 10-20 pixels bigger than you want it, because if you go edge to edge, it may cut of a bit of the print. Personally, I just made it a little bigger and adjusted the gap so when I load an image, it's auto centered, I adjust the height from the top and it automatically prints in the center of the film. Easy peezy. 

the Desc is what will show up as the name, ignore the MM portion. 

Set as default when turned to 1, makes that one the automatic platen size when you open ekprint, set the others to 0. Only one can be the default.

If you want multiple custom page sizes, simply name them ( or copy and paste) and count up, like Portrait2, portrait 3. etc. 

custsize.ini

Edited by johnson4

Custom table sizes (A3) now do appear in Print Setup, thank you for you help! :)

New Issue is that the XP15000 keeps insisting on using the cassette (Letter) instead of the rear feeder tray. 

I have tried changing the paper settings directly on the printer (no go) and in the EKPrint RIP for XP15000 Properties (only options for trays is 12.5x16)...

would you know where else could I look and if this is an EKPrint Issue or the NW07K7 FW thing... ?

Edited by Cryptos

13 minutes ago, Cryptos said:

Custom table sizes (A3) now do appear in Print Setup, thank you for you help! :)

New Issue is that the XP15000 keeps insisting on using the cassette (Letter) instead of the rear feeder tray. 

I have tried changing the paper settings directly on the printer (no go) and in the EKPrint RIP for XP15000 Properties (only options for trays is 12.5x16)...

would you know where else could I look and if this is an EKPrint Issue or the NW07K7 FW thing... ?

not a problem.

Open ekprint

Click Configuration-printer setup Feed mode- manual( rear)

Should also be set to 1440x1440 for both of the image/underbase resolutions. 

That single 13x19 page was the one I made to use for myself, I don't recommend printing over 12" wide with it. it can be adjusted however you wish if you need to change it. 

Edited by johnson4
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

Open ekprint

Worked like a charm! 😂

I have also tested your recommended settings for inks (but with Transparency Mode for WW and  75% Density) and looks good!

(just need to make some minor adjustments and get a better/thicker DTF Paper as this one is too thin and need to double so it could be picked up/detected)

I've been on this since yesterday morning, so many thanks for all your help!  

20 minutes ago, Cryptos said:

Worked like a charm! 😂

I have also tested your recommended settings for inks (but with Transparency Mode for WW and  75% Density) and looks good!

(just need to make some minor adjustments and get a better/thicker DTF Paper as this one is too thin and need to double so it could be picked up/detected)

I've been on this since yesterday morning, so many thanks for all your help!  

Not a problem at all, glad I could help. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 8:22 PM, johnson4 said:

not a problem.

Open ekprint

That single 13x19 page was the one I made to use for myself, I don't recommend printing over 12" wide with it. it can be adjusted however you wish if you need to change it. 

I have the same problem. but I can't find "Configuration-printer setup Feed mode"
Can you tell me where to find these settings? I messed up the whole program but in vain.
I attach a picture below so you can see what it's all about!
Thanks!

11.png

4 hours ago, simaprint said:

I have the same problem. but I can't find "Configuration-printer setup Feed mode"
Can you tell me where to find these settings? I messed up the whole program but in vain.
I attach a picture below so you can see what it's all about!
Thanks!

11.png

Configuration, Ink Setting, Printer Setup. Then on top change it to Manual when using sheets.

• 1 month later...
Hello people,
first sorry for my English, I am from Spain, I speak English but writing is fatal,
I bought the ekprint because, after trying acrorip and cadlink (which is not bad ...) the one that best resulted in colors has given me both in the 1500w and 15000 has been this one.
After much struggle and throwing paper, I have realized that the type of paper is very important, I use Chinese inks (ocbestjet)
my configuration (after fighting to the limit) is ww 25% resol.1440.1440.
I'm still experimenting, I've been using this program for 5 days I'll be commenting

Thank you for your post, they are a great help, as an oasis in a desert
THANK YOU

4 hours ago, bikeborne said:
WHEN PRINTING WITHOUT WHITE INK I HAVE NOTICED THAT THE ESNEGATIVE PEELING, MAKES THE WHITE INK OF CATALYST OR SOMETHING?

When no white ink, you need more

CMYK. Enough for powder to stick to. I print black all the time without issue, CMY though needs a white under-base, or a heavy ink setting, so there is enough ink for the powder to stick to. 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/18/2021 at 3:18 AM, johnson4 said:

I did white drop medium

level 1

50 density

1440x1440 resolution

Hi, 

I have a problem I don’t know if you can help me. I don’t know why but the white layer print on another page?? It prints the color, change sheet and print the white, why?

I have the Epson xp-15000. 

Thank you!!

2 hours ago, Carla0912 said:

Hi, 

I have a problem I don’t know if you can help me. I don’t know why but the white layer print on another page?? It prints the color, change sheet and print the white, why?

I have the Epson xp-15000. 

Thank you!!

You need to set it to print 1 pass in the white ink settings page.