P800 banding - noise - static

Hi guys, do you have any clue about this issue ?? All my prints have a strange patter every 2.5cm and this patter is 1cm of height. All my nozzle test are perfect, no problems of clogs. I using just 2 wihte channels and saving the other 2 for later. I already cleaned the encoder, encoder reader, printhead surface, manifold, replaced dampers, and double check every connection. The printer worked flawless for about 1 year, but now start to do this (please check the attached pictures):

image.png

imagen_2022-05-05_130842593.png

imagen_2022-05-05_130938187.png

imagen_2022-05-05_131001458.png

3 hours ago, Carlos4072 said:

Hi guys, do you have any clue about this issue ?? All my prints have a strange patter every 2.5cm and this patter is 1cm of height. All my nozzle test are perfect, no problems of clogs. I using just 2 wihte channels and saving the other 2 for later. I already cleaned the encoder, encoder reader, printhead surface, manifold, replaced dampers, and double check every connection. The printer worked flawless for about 1 year, but now start to do this (please check the attached pictures):

image.png

imagen_2022-05-05_130842593.png

imagen_2022-05-05_130938187.png

imagen_2022-05-05_131001458.png

What RIP?

6 hours ago, Carlos4072 said:

Im using Acro 9 and 10, but this happen also using photoshop for example. Yellow also have this issue, but is hard to see in the photos. Just black and white not show this "noise"  or "static". 

imagen_2022-05-05_181827846.png

imagen_2022-05-05_181840846.png

imagen_2022-05-05_181852916.png

imagen_2022-05-05_181928346.png

imagen_2022-05-05_181943532.png

This is what mine looks like when my printhead is either missing nozzles, or head going bad- or you are using bad ink- bad cartridge. 

For me, using some expired magenta in my p400 looked identical to this. Good nozzle checks, poor jet ability. Used new magenta inks, problem went away.  So I used old magenta in a p800, no issues for a few months, then it did the same. I threw out the ink and got new- problem solved. 

however, another time it was a failing head, from what I understand the peizo crystal weakens causing less “ suction” creating this issue as well, while showing good nozzle checks because it’s a short burst. 

and yet again, another time is was a bad cartridge. It looked fine but when put on its side and sucked ink from port, it just pulled air. New cartridge didn’t do this. New cartridge fixed the issue. 

Anum is also correct about the film, but I had assume this was tested already. 

since other colors are fine, it’s unlikely. Also unlikely anything wrong with feed mechanism since other colors are fine. 

good luck

Edited by johnson4

Thanks both for help with the possible failures. I have 3 sets of cartidges, so i can check that easy. Also i have other brand ink, and if that the problem is too easy fix it. 

The prinhead is almost new, no more than 500 prints, of course i know that even with few prints could be defective. I already tested many films, but in my L1800 this films are workin flawless. Anyway, i go to take some days for change everything, also i can change the printhead to a 3880 and test if is doing the same in other printer, in that way i can discard a mechanical issue. 

I appreciate a lot your help guys.

2 hours ago, Carlos4072 said:

Thanks both for help with the possible failures. I have 3 sets of cartidges, so i can check that easy. Also i have other brand ink, and if that the problem is too easy fix it. 

The prinhead is almost new, no more than 500 prints, of course i know that even with few prints could be defective. I already tested many films, but in my L1800 this films are workin flawless. Anyway, i go to take some days for change everything, also i can change the printhead to a 3880 and test if is doing the same in other printer, in that way i can discard a mechanical issue. 

I appreciate a lot your help guys.

No problem. Hope you figure it out. 

I spended the weekend making more test. Unfortunatelly no good luck. I switched cardridges, and changed the  ink for other brand. But still getting same results. Please if you have other idea about what could be the problem, let me know.

imagen_2022-05-09_145443774.png

imagen_2022-05-09_145454275.png

• 1 year later...