XP600 Discussion

I didn't see a thread specific to XP600 DTF, so rather than continue to burden the "what printers can be used for DTF" thread I thought I'd start one.

My first question is that if given a choice between a Hosan or BYHX board (for A3, if it matters), which one is better? (and why?, if you know)

Does Cadlink work better with one or the other?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TeedUp said:

I didn't see a thread specific to XP600 DTF, so rather than continue to burden the "what printers can be used for DTF" thread I thought I'd start one.

My first question is that if given a choice between a Hosan or BYHX board (for A3, if it matters), which one is better? (and why?, if you know)

Does Cadlink work better with one or the other?

I have no clue, but I’d be interested in hearing where it goes.

OK, I have an update, answering my own question (though not sure it's complete answer).  Supposedly the BYHX is an older board, wouldn't choose it now. Senyang is better for the i3200, Hoson is better for the XP600.  Should be no difference in how RIPs handle Senyang or Hoson (that's the part I'm having trouble believing).

1 hour ago, TeedUp said:

OK, I have an update, answering my own question (though not sure it's complete answer).  Supposedly the BYHX is an older board, wouldn't choose it now. Senyang is better for the i3200, Hoson is better for the XP600.  Should be no difference in how RIPs handle Senyang or Hoson (that's the part I'm having trouble believing).

Dumb question- how do you know which is which? 

5 hours ago, johnson4 said:

Dumb question- how do you know which is which? 

If ordering, some vendors list more than one board mfgr, and Google shows me that both board manufacturers support both printheads. But the printer mfgrs may have only certain model boards that go with certain printheads, IDK.  

If you already have the printer, and the board doesn't have any identifying brand or model number in English, you can google image (e.g. "Hoson board xp600") and see if you can match it.

2 hours ago, TeedUp said:

If ordering, some vendors list more than one board mfgr, and Google shows me that both board manufacturers support both printheads. But the printer mfgrs may have only certain model boards that go with certain printheads, IDK.  

If you already have the printer, and the board doesn't have any identifying brand or model number in English, you can google image (e.g. "Hoson board xp600") and see if you can match it.

mine looks like:

LXQIN Senyang Board

Works well, I get good print speeds. I replaced the fan on it because it sucked, it’s ran for 6 hours straight without stopping even to load the next image before. In Cadlink I run copies on the same page, I usually do 50-100 copies and it just never stops till it’s finished. 

i actually really like this printer- it’s Cadlink I struggle with. 

Edited by johnson4

10 hours ago, johnson4 said:

mine looks like:

LXQIN Senyang Board

Works well, I get good print speeds. I replaced the fan on it because it sucked, it’s ran for 6 hours straight without stopping even to load the next image before. In Cadlink I run copies on the same page, I usually do 50-100 copies and it just never stops till it’s finished. 

I will say when I looked, you could get this audley mini with xp600 heads or I3200 heads. I have no idea if it's the same board or any of that. The ribbon connector on the mainboard is a connector, instead of being built in so you can swap them, so maybe. 

I still haven't used it a ton, but it's going on 1000 feet of film without any issues, other than the whole cadlink thing. I'm shocked at how it never stops printing- not even for a second unless your print job is set up to do that. It starts printing the 2nd print while the first print is finishing and so on and so forth. I think this is one of the key reasons it's faster than a standard desktop.

Edited by johnson4

• 3 weeks later...

tl;dr - Dealing with Audley HORRIBLE.

Just a quick update on my travails toward procuring a dual XP600.

I have only good things to say about DTFSuperstore and have a lot of respect for Andy, but I took the opportunity to save money and customize my order by going directly to China to order an Audley printer with my requirements, and a decent size list of accessories. My experience may serve as cautionary lesson against going direct for many, and an endorsement for buying from a US distributor, like DTFSuperstore.  If you don't have experience dealing directly with China, order from a good US company like DTFsuperstore.

But more so for me (I have had experience and other successes importing directly) it was disappointment, frustration, and a failed experience dealing with Audley as a company (not a review of the hardware), complete negative review. 

I may provide more details at another time when I have more time (and maybe have cooled down a bit), but the short of it is misrepresented printheads, and lies and broken customer service promises, stubborn and greedy policies (or at least the decisions of the sales manager involved). 

Order canceled, found another manufacturer of a dual XP600 head printer.  

We've come to expect the antics that I experienced as common when dealing with companies from this country with weak intellectural property laws and objectively a history of poor business ethics, but we should expect more from a company that is trying to build a reputation in the marketplace as a brand name. 

Edited by TeedUp

1 hour ago, TeedUp said:

tl;dr - Dealing with Audley HORRIBLE.

Just a quick update on my travails toward procuring a dual XP600.

I have only good things to say about DTFSuperstore and have a lot of respect for Andy, but I took the opportunity to save money and customize my order by going directly to China to order an Audley printer with my requirements, and a decent size list of accessories. My experience may serve as cautionary lesson against going direct for many, and an endorsement for buying from a US distributor, like DTFSuperstore.  If you don't have experience dealing directly with China, order from a good US company like DTFsuperstore.

But more so for me (I have had experience and other successes importing directly) it was disappointment, frustration, and a failed experience dealing with Audley as a company (not a review of the hardware), complete negative review. 

I may provide more details at another time when I have more time (and maybe have cooled down a bit), but the short of it is misrepresented printheads, and lies and broken customer service promises, stubborn and greedy policies (or at least the decisions of the sales manager involved). 

Order canceled, found another manufacturer of a dual XP600 head printer.  

We've come to expect the antics that I experienced as common when dealing with companies from this country with weak intellectural property laws and objectively a history of poor business ethics, but we should expect more from a company that is trying to build a reputation in the marketplace as a brand name. 

The same here. 

Not necessarily the audley company, rather any larger purchase from China I have made. Either the paperwork that I provided wasn’t attached to the package properly and it had customs issues, or it came not as described. 

luckily I have a really good parts dealer for everything small like parts, carts, printheads etc. so that kind of stuff is always perfect. 

To me I wish there was a supplier who used and focused on these products they offer here in the US. If I wanted to see every little detail of an item and it’s use, I should be able to do that. Even if it has multiple revisions, I should be able to see exactly what I am purchasing.Then that is also what you receive. Even US purchases usually arrive with some form of deviation because it originated from China. Fortunately I’ve been successful at modifying everything to fit my needs- so far. I do my best to harp to get the information I need before purchasing, and being super specific. But most of the time this initiates protocol “ ignore customer” lol. 

the big problem with the overseas process is you have the person you communicate with, a different person who makes your order and another who ships it. Almost always a miscommunication occurs here, and of course it’s a a loss they can’t deal with because of the low margins. Most of the time I offer to pay for shipping on their mistakes and they are on it to get it situated. If not, it’s my fault and they deny it. That’s because the person you talk to has no idea what was sent. 

i always use a purchasing method with a tested customer service portal for protection. Someone that you can reach out to that is on your side, like a discover card for example. So if it goes downhill too much, I stop wasting my time and file a chargeback and they take care of it. 

Purchasing from Andy usually avoids all of the above, sometimes you run into variations but he is super helpful about it. 

For example, I purchased a 4 bulb Audley mini dryer and it’s only a 3 bulb. It’s said to be a 13” shaker, which the slapper is only 11.5” wide. This is fine for most film, but you would expect the slapper to be the width of the film or larger. The 14” bulbs should cure 13” just fine though with good edge cure, and the small slapper should be fine with any decent film and powder that doesn’t naturally stick to it in any form. It appears each bulb is about 450-500W so in total the unit uses 1500W. 

My main decisions for purchasing this was because it had 4 bulbs and would actually cure/shake 13” film.

My little black shakers said 13” as well, but again are not, you get very poor edge cure because you need wider bulbs, 35CM or larger for 13” film. That and the slapper width was only 11.5” for A3 film. My original 13” shaker actually cures and shakes properly, as it was designed for 13” film. Purchased in back in 2020, looking for an identical unit for the last almost two years has led to me have 3 black mini shakers, two of which did not arrive anything how they should have. 

so overall I think you are going to run into issues anywhere, but you’ll get the help you need from some US suppliers, while from others you will not, especially overseas. 

I will say the audley mini (Dual xp600) did come without a hitch and works great. Never once has it given me any issue setting up or printing. I did with Cadlink, but I know how to fix it when it happens so it’s cool. So A+ from DTFsuperstore there.

It did come with a broken white ink filter, which he sent a replacement next day. It very well could have been me opening the crate though, I’m not sure. He took care of it immediately though. 

i routinely get 16+ 12” X 12” from it if printing in a nesting queue. It’s a bit slower on a per page queue. 

i think other printers of the same design should be the same. I do believe the audley mini is the best built of them all. 

Edited by johnson4

It was the machine I wanted, but I couldn't deal with them after how I was treated. Never.  So I found a 35cm dual XP600 for essentially the same price, shipping same week as ordered.  Not a name I've heard before.  The only thing that gives me some trepidation is they use their own board (none of the ones mentioned above), and I can only use PhotoPrint 12 with it (included).  

I desperately need to stop burning all my time maintaining these XP15000's.  I'll probably give it a review after I put some miles on it.

4 hours ago, TeedUp said:

It was the machine I wanted, but I couldn't deal with them after how I was treated. Never.  So I found a 35cm dual XP600 for essentially the same price, shipping same week as ordered.  Not a name I've heard before.  The only thing that gives me some trepidation is they use their own board (none of the ones mentioned above), and I can only use PhotoPrint 12 with it (included).  

I desperately need to stop burning all my time maintaining these XP15000's.  I'll probably give it a review after I put some miles on it.

I hope it works out well for you. That is my main quabble with the imported stuff, There is hardly any universal RIP support. You usually get stuck with something instead of having options. Everyone is going to like something different depending on their style. many times I didn't purchase an overseas printer was literally over the RIP support and being stuck with cadlink and their "support". My experience with them sounds similar to you and Audley. 

I have never heard of the RIP, so I don't really know. I do hope it works out well and would love to see how it goes all in all. 

I still have my sleeves full so I won't be testing anything else like this for quite awhile, but would be great to know. 

2 hours ago, johnson4 said:

I hope it works out well for you. That is my main quabble with the imported stuff, There is hardly any universal RIP support. You usually get stuck with something instead of having options. Everyone is going to like something different depending on their style. many times I didn't purchase an overseas printer was literally over the RIP support and being stuck with cadlink and their "support". My experience with them sounds similar to you and Audley. 

I have never heard of the RIP, so I don't really know. I do hope it works out well and would love to see how it goes all in all. 

I still have my sleeves full so I won't be testing anything else like this for quite awhile, but would be great to know. 

Audley actually offers the Photoprint RIP as an upgrade to the Maintop RIP included with their Mini.  I can't remember where I read it, but read that Photoprint is decent, better than Maintop at least for colors. Ironically to your distaste for Cadlink (that sounds like you're maybe warming up to more recently), Cadlink is actually my preference, and I have found their support pretty good in my limited experience.

" My experience with them sounds similar to you and Audley. "  My experience with Audley was misrepresentations, broken customer service promises, and just bad customer service policies and/or manager decisions on cust serv.

43 minutes ago, TeedUp said:

Audley actually offers the Photoprint RIP as an upgrade to the Maintop RIP included with their Mini.  I can't remember where I read it, but read that Photoprint is decent, better than Maintop at least for colors. Ironically to your distaste for Cadlink (that sounds like you're maybe warming up to more recently), Cadlink is actually my preference, and I have found their support pretty good in my limited experience.

" My experience with them sounds similar to you and Audley. "  My experience with Audley was misrepresentations, broken customer service promises, and just bad customer service policies and/or manager decisions on cust serv.

maintop actually did as good as Cadlink in terms of colors. The printer came with a profile and driver, all the things needed for maintop. Printed some seriously bright colors that somehow managed to be solid with the included ICC and whatnot. 

my problem with it though is it needs the alpha channel added to every image manually and externally, the white layer. At least from what I could find/get to work. 

Cadlink itself isn’t bad, it’s just slow to me.  I love the queue, nothing else within the software is helpful to me in any way. If I used Cadlink my daily profit margins would be literally cut in half, and I would be stuck with grainy colors when they are too light to be solid within Cadlink. I also make my own ICC profiles, so that helps when I can fully adjust things in other rips. literally for no other reason than this do I not recommend it, I consider everything else, mainly customer service to be an opinion, Situational, a variable. Shit happens.

If I’m the only one with this experience, then you see me as “at fault”. Maybe that’s true, I can’t judge my own experience from a different perspective unfortunately. However you’ll then see more people speak up or tell their experience as a rebuttal or agreement because of my statements.

When it comes to facts, irrefutable facts, that’s where my standing lies with why I don’t recommend Cadlink. Print speed and lack of print mode creation tools available to end users. If you want easy cookie cutter prints, it’s literally the best for that. However, as you “ level up” on your venture, you’ll also stumble upon your own findings. Do what’s best for you. 

Overall Cadlink works great, I have my ups and downs with it. If I didn’t have my experience from the last 5-7 years with this field, I would also 100% recommend Cadlink for new/newer users. 

Dont expect customer service from china. If you ever in need of customer service buy from a capable importer and think price diffirent as support payment. 

Being able to buy sonething from manufacturer does not bring you support you need, that is not how most of chinese work. They sell you what you want. That is it.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/24/2022 at 3:50 AM, johnson4 said:

hi i have an issue with my xp600 printer the head is brand new changed the cables and now ink isnt coming through the what could be the issue ? 

mine looks like:

LXQIN Senyang Board

• 1 month later...

I bought a DTF printer 400D XP600. It seemed all good for the 1st 2 weeks small issues like no white most likely because of clogging issues. Anyway, I did a soak in the capping area then a head clean. After that I pushed the emergency stop button and slid over the heads so I could clean up the capping area. then when i released the emergency stop nothing happened no power. Im hoping you have some ideas of what I can check to point me in a few possible directions that come to mind for you.