Solution for xp15000 leaky cartridge

Mr.Carter

Most of xp15000 printer endup with 031006 error within a month. The error is about printhead failure. This is Due to these Chinese cartridges keep leaking slowly when you install it or when you remove it for refilling and all the ink goes inside the headcable destroy the printhead and motherboard at this point its like you destroyed the whole printer as motherboard and printhead is expensive

here is the solution for that this damper on the cartridge wouldn't let the ink to flow unless the suction is generated by printhead so no leaks keep in mind you have to install it on top of the cartridge only. inline with pipe didn't work as good as this thing work

i have tested it for 4 months of use no issues yet20221005_155253.thumb.jpg.3f94098bc332ef43b7aab886dac1e877.jpg

Edited by Mr.Carter
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Mr.Carter said:

Second thing is make your printer little bit tilted by adding 2x1inch wood block at the back side of the printer

Like this. so that even if there is 1 or 2 drop of leak during cartridge installation ink will not go towards headcable area it will get drip off from front side of the carriage 

Is placing a bead of silicone not an option to protect head cable? 

6 hours ago, Mr.Carter said:

After doing this you are ready to go into dtf with your cheap dtf printing guy

i have printed 30Rolls still working no printhead replacement yet

Nice, that’s a lot of film. Are you using the aftermarket carts with inline damper on this one? 

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2022 at 7:06 AM, Mr.Carter said:

Most of xp15000 printer endup with 031006 error within a month. The error is about printhead failure. This is Due to these Chinese cartridges keep leaking slowly when you install it or when you remove it for refilling and all the ink goes inside the headcable destroy the printhead and motherboard at this point its like you destroyed the whole printer as motherboard and printhead is expensive

here is the solution for that this damper on the cartridge wouldn't let the ink to flow unless the suction is generated by printhead so no leaks keep in mind you have to install it on top of the cartridge only. inline with pipe didn't work as good as this thing work

i have tested it for 4 months of use no issues yet20221005_155253.thumb.jpg.3f94098bc332ef43b7aab886dac1e877.jpg

Can you show me a picture of your finished setup with theseand how you have it setup with gravity feeding? also, are you sealing the inline dampers to the aftermarket cartridges or do they just plug into the little rubber boot thet the piplines normally plug into?

6 hours ago, Jimmy Stanley said:

Can you show me a picture of your finished setup with theseand how you have it setup with gravity feeding? also, are you sealing the inline dampers to the aftermarket cartridges or do they just plug into the little rubber boot thet the piplines normally plug into?

Just plug into that rubber boot adding a bit of superglue will make it more durable 

Gravity feed system means keep the ink above the cartridge level so inks stay present always till the inlet of the damper 

In short make a siphon flow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bricko said:

Hi M. Carter, i'm very interressed by your damper and want to know how and where i can get it.

Thinks

It's just 6 in-line dampers, can be purchased a multitude of places. Then they are placed/glued to the port on the aftermarket ink cartridges and function as dampers for this printhead.