My prints look discolored and has small pinholes..

Hello, I’m somewhat new to DTF and ever since I started I been having a lot of trouble getting started. But I finally was able to set everything up but I ran into another issue, my prints come out good but once I add powder and cure it my print looks discolored and when I point my print into light I can see these tiny spots that look like pinholes and it’s all over my print. Can someone help me fix this issue ? I can show another image of how it looks like when I help up my print into the light if needed. But here’s one of my prints 

also I’m using an Epson ET-8550 and I’m using CadLink v10

IMG_1214.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Fabian Silva said:

Hello, I’m somewhat new to DTF and ever since I started I been having a lot of trouble getting started. But I finally was able to set everything up but I ran into another issue, my prints come out good but once I add powder and cure it my print looks discolored and when I point my print into light I can see these tiny spots that look like pinholes and it’s all over my print. Can someone help me fix this issue ? I can show another image of how it looks like when I help up my print into the light if needed. But here’s one of my prints 

also I’m using an Epson ET-8550 and I’m using CadLink v10

IMG_1214.jpeg

This is a powdering and curing issue. 

You are probably powdering too soon out of the printer, those who use shaker machines the arts what the preheater is for. 
after that your curing temperature is too high/too fast/uneven so it’s over curing some spots, (pinholes) then undercuring as a whole ( too fast). Aim for 3-4 minutes with a curing machine. Then work your way down while also increasing temperature a bit. 

Every step of the way has to be very specific or you get crap transfers. 

each one of these below requires adjustment and “tuning” individually:

-printer ink settings/color accuracy

-temperature/humidity in the room

-film type and properly stored film( yes it can go bad)

-powder adhesive and it’s use/storage( yes it can go bad, or even be bad to begin with, it can also go bad from the “oil” in the printer transfer after time)

-the “pre powder” cure needs to turn the printed ink matte before powdering

-once powdered, you need to make sure there isn’t any powder sticking to the film somewhere it shouldn’t, too much/too little powder as well. The more ink/wet ink, the more powder.

-when curing you need proper ventilation for a good cure AND your safety. Consistent even heat, too hot gets pin holes. Too fast gets pinholes and dots on the surface(undercure and too hot), too slow and you yellow/deteriorate the adhesive. Not cured enough you have a poor finish quality and oil “seep” around the edges of the film. 

it seems easy, and just getting one out that looks good doesn’t mean it’s right or will work long term. It’s all very important and one thing out of whack will give you a bad transfer.